What nutrients take part in the growth of the hair and which are the foods more recommended to reduce their fall?
The increase of the fall of hair at the times of transition (summer-autumn and winter-spring) is very common, as much in men as in women. Factors as stress, the mood, hormonal cycles or the genetics, are very important in the regeneration of the hair; but also the feeding. Many are the nutrients that bear one close relation to the hair health.
- Energy: a little ingestion of calories brings about a deficiency in the energy that needs the matrix the hair to be able to grow. For this reason,Â people who follow very strict diets, that contribute very few calories, usually have a very fine hair, fragile and of very slow growth, and even can suffer loss of hair generalized as of the first month.
- Essential amino acids:Â they are those amino acids that our organism cannot synthesize through metabolic routes, and that therefore must be ingested through the diet. A deficit maintained in the ingestion of these usually brings about the formation of hair very fine, with a low pigmentation and of a low density, that is to say, very dispersed.
- Vitamin B9 and Hierro:Â these two nutrients are basic in the production of new cells of the organism, therefore, they play an important role in the formation of cells in the root of the hair.
- Vitamin C:Â this vitamin is essential for the collagen production, protein that contributes elasticity to the hair follicle; in the same way, a maintained deficit of this vitamin can cause a hyperkeratosis or rigidity in the root of the hair.
To part of these nutrients, other substances have been identified that consumed of sufficient form cannot cause an increased loss of hair. Among them it is possible to emphasize vitamins of group BÂ that provide a greater force and brightness to the hair. In this sense, a food is especially rich in these vitamins: the beer leavening. If in addition it is decided on a leavening of beer enriched in Zinc, power still more the fortificador effect of this product.
The beer leavening tastes salty slightly, reason why she is perfect to be added to soups and creams of vegetables, and even as condiment.
Nevertheless, this is not everything, since nourishing factors as maintaining a correct hydration are not due to neglect, drinking as minimum 8 glasses of water to the day, eating vegetables and fruits that to water and nutrients will contribute to us,Â and ingesting moderate amounts of olive oil; as well as a sufficient consumption of blue fish, since thanks to their high Vitamin concentration DÂ and essential fatty acids Omega, as much facilitates the formation by the root, as of the own hair.
Therefore, good ally to maintain correct state of hair is to follow always diet sufficient (to secure all the energy that our organism needs), balanced (not to suffer deficiencies of any nutrient) and varied (benefitting to us from all the properties that a full diet of color can contribute to us).
- Love KT, Rashid RM, Mirmirani P. Does D to matter? The role of vitamin D in hair disorders and to hair follicle cycling. Dermatol Online J; 2010. Â
- Camacho F, Garcia MJ. Fall of the hair in the woman. Toko-Gin Pract; 2002.
- Garcia-Navarrese X, Corella F, RoÃ© and, Dalmau J, Puig LL. Vitamins, minerals and hair health. Professional pharmacy; 2006.Â
- Goette DK, Odom RB. Baldness in crash dieters. JAMA; 1976.Â
- Harrison S, Berfeld W. Diffuse to hair loss: its triggers and management. Cleve Clin J Med; 2009.Â
- JimÃ©nez JJ, Yunis AA. Vitamin D3 and chemotherapy-induced baldness. Nutrition; 1996.Â
- Takahata K, TAda M, Yazawa K, Tamaki T. Protection from chemotherapy-induced baldness by docosahexanoic acid. Lipids; 1999.Â
- Vidal E. The foods that will help you to restrain the fall of the hair. RTVE.es; 2012.Â